Flakey and buttery crust with a sweet, gooey, and nutty pecan filling.
It’s the holiday season! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! That means it is time to get baking! Today, I want to share these mini pecan pie tarts! This recipe comes from my mom’s coworker’s mom. Every year around Thanksgiving, my mom’s coworker would bring them into the office to share, and my mom would bring some home for me in a little paper coffee cup. After many years of looking forward to these mini tarts around Thanksgiving, we finally got the recipe!
The tarts have a cream cheese, flakey and buttery crust that perfectly complements the gooey pecan center. Before this recipe, I would not have thought to use cream cheese for a pie crust. It sounded a bit weird to me, but the cream cheese actually adds a nice mild tang to the flakey crust. This sets the perfect base for the nutty filling and a perfect bite of pie for this year’s Thanksgiving!
These mini pecan pies are so cute and simple to make! Begin by cutting 48 strips of parchment paper about 6×0.25-inch to place in each mini-cupcake tin before pressing the pie crust in. This will make your life so much easier when you are ready to remove each pie after baking. Then, make the dough and roll about 3/4 Tablespoon of dough into a ball and place in each cupcake slot. Next, using your fingers, press the dough around the edges of the cupcake tin. Place about 2 teaspoons chopped pecans in each cup and set aside. Adding the pecans now, before the syrup mixture, will prevent drips and spillage when filling the pies with the syrup mixture. Next, fill each pie with the syrup until about 3/4 full. Bake and enjoy!
I would love to see these mini pecan pies on your dessert tables this Thanksgiving (or year-round)! Use #beyondbakingwithamandajane and tag me @beyondbakingwithamandajane on Instagram, so I can see your incredible pies! Have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving!
This recipe is originally from Darlene at My Burning Kitchen.
Mini Pecan Tarts
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place 6×0.25 inch rectangle strips of parchment paper in 48 mini cupcake tins.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together. Add flour and mix well.
- Form into 48 equal balls and place one ball in each cup of the cupcake tin. Use your fingers evenly spread the dough into the pan. Sprinkle some pecans into each complete mold.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until frothy.
- Add the sugar, melted butter, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Fill each tart 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
4 thoughts on “Mini Pecan Pie Tarts”
This would’ve been perfect for Thanksgiving 🙂
It’s never too late to make them!! They’re great all year round!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Those are adorable!❤️
oh thank you so much ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person