Super rich and chocolatey chocolate cookies with a cracked dusting of powder sugar.
Today, I am sharing my second cookie recipe for this Christmas cookie season, A Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! I always have an eye out for chocolatey cookies because my family loves chocolate everything and anything! These cookies remind me of an upgraded brookie (brownie + cookie): rich and cakey. The powder sugar dusting adds a pretty crackling effect and an extra sweetness to each bite. This is my favorite part of the cookie!
Last week, I posted my Pastel Christmas Sugar Cookie Pinwheels, click the link to check that recipe out! I also did a weekly Christmas cookie countdown last year, so don’t forget to check those recipes out under the Christmas Cookies category of my blog!
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up for a last-minute occasion. It is a one-bowl recipe, and the chill time is very minimal. When you are making this recipe, use dark cocoa powder because it will make the cookie even more rich and delicious. It is necessary to chill the dough so it is easier to work with when rolling the dough in powder sugar. I like to chill it in the freezer for 45-60 minutes. Then, using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough and roll each ball in a generous amount of powder sugar. Don’t be shy to add more powder sugar because this is what makes the beautiful cracking effect.
I hope you enjoy and have fun making these festive chocolate crinkle cookies! I would love to see your cookies on Instagram! Tag me @beyondbakingwithamandajane and use the #beyondbakingwithamandajane.
A Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cocoa, sugar, and oil until well combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Cover the dough and chill in the freezer for 45-60 minutes, or in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop 1 inch balls using a cookie scoop. Roll each dough ball in powder sugar and place it on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
4 thoughts on “A Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Crinkle Cookies”
Wow these look delicious! I love Connor cookies but I’ve never tried making them at home 😚
You should definitely give these a try! They’re very simple to make! Let me know how it goes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] A Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Crinkle Cookies — Beyond Baking with Amanda Jane […]
[…] up to Christmas, I will be sharing some of my favorite cookie recipes! Last time, I shared my Chocolate Lover’s Chocolate Crinkle Cookie and Pastel Christmas Sugar Cookie Pinwheels! Don’t forget to also check out my Christmas […]