The perfect blend of banana bread, zucchini bread, and carrot cake; a simple taste of fall in a slice of bread!
It’s finally beginning to feel like fall! The weather is getting colder, days are getting shorter, the holiday season is here! Have you ever thought about combining your favorite fall flavors? My Hearty Harvest Autumn Bread is the perfect blend of banana bread, zucchini bread, and carrot cake. The loaf is super airy, moist, and delicious. The flavors all compliment each other very well, and the cinnamon pulls all the flavors together perfectly! This bread will be a crowd favorite!
Shout out to my non-pumpkin lovers because this recipe is perfect for you. My family is a big apple and banana-loving family, so our normal go to’s are my Dad’s Apple Pecan Crumb Bread or my Brunching Banana Muffins. I wanted to try something different this fall, but it’s so hard to find recipes without apples or pumpkins! This bread was the perfect idea from Shelly at Cookies and Cups!
This bread is so simple to make, anyone can do it! The recipe will make 2 loaves, or you can make one loaf and 6 muffins. I personally like to make the one loaf and 6 muffins so I could share the muffins with my neighbors and share the loaf with my family. However, you can choose which combination works best for you. I wouldn’t suggest combining everything into one loaf, though, because the batter will rise over and out of the pan.
Begin by preparing your 9×5 loaf pan(s) and/or cupcake tins. Grease the loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang over the sides for easy removal, and line the cupcake tins with cupcake liners. To begin, I like to mash my banana and shred my zucchini and carrot to set aside. Then, in a large bowl combine the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until just combined. Next, fold in the flour, mashed banana, shredded zucchini and carrot, and chopped pecans until just combined. Make sure to not over mix the batter or the loaf will be tough and dry. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan(s) and/or cupcake liners. Bake the cupcakes for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Bake the loaf for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Keep an eye on the loaf during baking and cover with foil if the top becomes too dark to preserve the beautiful golden brown top.
This loaf can be served warm or at room temperature, for breakfast, or for dessert! Store in an air-tight, sealed container and enjoy! I would love to see your Hearty Harvest Autumn Bread creation! Tag me on Instagram @beyondbakingwithamandajane and use the #beyondbakingwithamandajane with your pictures!
Hearty Harvest Autumn Bread
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed (about 1 medium size banana)
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded (about 1 medium size zucchini)
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded (about 1 medium size carrot)
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 2-9×5 loaf pans and line with parchment paper leaving excess hanging over the edge (or grease and line 1 loaf pan and line 6 muffin tins).
- Mash the banana and shred the zucchini and carrot. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until combined.
- Fold in the flour, banana, zucchini, carrot, and chopped pecans until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake loaves for 45-60 minutes (if the top begins to brown too much, finish baking with a piece of foil covering the bread), and bake the muffins for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack.