Fudgy yet cakey, rich chocolate brownies. Perfect for every type of brownie lover.
Over the years, I have started to perfect my brownie recipe. I have to admit, I used box brownie mix for a while because I thought that the box mix was comparable to homemade. Oh how very wrong I was. I liked the box mix because it was easy and fast, but I finally made a simple homemade brownie recipe that made me not want to use the box ever again.
This is a one-pot recipe that you do not want to miss. This brownie is neither 100% fudgy nor 100% cakey. It is a perfect mix of both and will satisfy all preferences, perfect for the holidays! I just recently perfected my recipe, and it was by accident. I was making brownies for my friends and me to snack on while we were catching up, but I did not have enough chocolate chips to stir into the batter like I used to do. So, I chopped up 4 oz. of milk chocolate and folded that into the batter. Something about it made these brownies to. die. for. The chopped chocolate bar is better than plain old chocolate chips because when you chop chocolate the chunks are all going to be different sizes. The small pieces melt throughout the brownie adding more richness while the larger chunks are large pockets of gooey chocolate. This chocolate adds a little bit of a fudgy texture to the cakey brownies. This is why it is so perfect.
It doesn’t matter what type of chocolate bar you decide to chop up. I just use whatever is around the house. I prefer to use milk chocolate because it adds a little more sweetness, and I have a huge sweet tooth. I also like to spice things up with flavored chocolate like milk chocolate hazelnut bars, caramel milk chocolate, and dark chocolate almond.
Overall, this brownie recipe is super easy and basic, but the chopped chocolate brought this recipe to a whole new level. You only use one pot and mix everything together. It takes less than 20 minutes to make the batter and you bake it for another 20. I can’t wait for you all to try it!
I would love to see your brownies! Tag me in your pictures @beyondbakingwithamandajane on Instagram and use the hashtag #beyondbakingwithamandajane!
One Pot Chocolate Gooey Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces chocolate bar of choice
- Chocolate chips to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease an 8 x 8 in. pan. Place your 4 ounces of chocolate in the freezer.
- In a medium-large size sauce pan, melt butter until just melted (if butter is hot, let it cool before adding ingredients).
- Mix in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Remove the chocolate bars from the freezer and chop into small chunks. Fold into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips, If desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes.